Winter is here and I love the chilly weather and cool breeze. I enjoy my piping hot morning cuppa in the misty and dewy cold weather. Though we enjoy the winter season it comes with a lot of health problems too. One of the main problems we need to deal with is dry and itchy skin. Skin is the largest part of our body and will go through lot of changes be it physical or environmental. As human beings we give lot of importance to how we look. Automatically the attention is drawn to our face when people first notice us. Nobody wants to be seen in dry, flaky and itchy skin. I came across this nice affordable moisturizer ‘Emolene’ cream when I was buying some tablets at the chemist.
It read on the carton as for dry skin treatment, the hydronourisher that restores the natural moisture balance. The moment I saw I knew this cream was meant for my skin.
Fine let’s take a look at the composition the cream contains:
Propylene glycol 15mg, Diazolidinyl urea (preservative) 1.5mg.
Yep you guessed it right it contains nothing more than one main ingredient and that’s it.
Let’s get down to the pros and cons now:
- The cream suggests it is cream based but the consistency is more or less like a mixture of cream, lotion and gel.
- The cream is not at all greasy or sticky and just glides on the skin in a jiffy.
- It does not contain loads of nasty chemicals which usually moisturizers have. Just one ingredient Propylene glycol and Diazolidinyl urea as preservative and that’s all.
- The emolene cream does moisturize my skin very well and leaves a healthy glow on my face. It covers dry patches around the eyes and mouth.
- It suited my dry skin and it did not break me out or cause an allergy. I suggest even oily skinned people to give it a try.
- Works as a good makeup base and can be worn under sunscreens too.
- It does not have any side effects and can be safely used on babies also.
- The only con is that it may not moisturize extremely dry skinned people. They may have to go for some heavier moisturizing creams.
Priced at Rs. 102/- and available at any drug store. So here we go!! Just buy this very affordable moisturizer this winter to keep dry, patchy skin away.