You may think I am referring to Miss when am telling pull a Heidi. Also known as milkmaid braid this is by far the easiest hair style one can pull off with élan. This requires the ability to braid or plait one’s own hair with a few bobby pins and Voilà you are ready hit the party circuit. The hair style can be carried off for parties, weddings or can be even worn casually.
Here is a step by step procedure to pull a heidi:
1. Wash your hair with a mild shampoo and a good conditioner.
2. Blow-dry your hair and apply a dime sized amount or dollop of styling serum or a light weight mousse. (Milkmaid braids are recommended to be tried the day after the hair is washed for better staying and styling power but there is nothing wrong in trying the same day. so feel free to attempt).
3. Part your hair down the middle into two equal sections, from the front to the nape of your neck.
4. Start braiding regularly on each side from about 1-2 inches down from your part. If your braid starts too close to your part it will be more difficult to fold across.
5. Secure the ends with a transparent elastic band once you are done braiding both the sides. (The less loose hair at the tip the better).
6. Take one of the braids and pull it up and over the crown of your head like a headband. Secure it with bobby pins; hide the pins by placing them within the braid.
7. Repeat on the opposite side. As you secure this side, cover the ends of the other braid and tuck the ends of this braid under the other side. Secure with bobby pins.
8. Pull braids back with hands and use fingers to loosen hair at the back for a softer look. Use fingers to loosen loops of the braid as well. Secure any loose hairs with extra bobby pins and set the style with a finishing spray or with a very light mist of hair spray.
Now you have successfully mastered the milkmaid braid and you are ready to go!!!