Hey people!!! Yes chilly, breezy winters are almost here and it will definitely take a toll on our skin too. Yep you guessed it right I am writing a few homemade natural remedies to get rid of those nasty dry, itchy, scaly & stretchy skin which tends to become worse during winters.
- First thing in the morning after waking up, wash or splash luke warm water on the face instead of very cold or very hot water without using any cleanser. By doing this the skin will retain its moisture and doesn’t rip off natural oils from the skin.
- After washing pat dry your face with towel instead of rubbing. Take few drops of almond oil or jojoba oil and massage gently over your face. Leave on for atleast 30 minutes before washing it off with luke warm water.
- Don’t use soap or cleanser to wash your face, instead use ground red lentils (my personal favourite) to cleanse the face. It not only gently scrubs away dead skin but also gives a nice sheen to the skin making it all looking glossy and glowy. Biggest plus point of using red lentils is it also to some extent minimizes the dilated or enlarged pores on the skin. (Yes yes yes you read it right, it does work!!!!)
- It is always advisable to use a thin layer of moisturizer immediately after taking bath to lock in the moisture before applying makeup otherwise the makeup tends to look cakey or ghostly due to dry skin. So never ever skip applying moisturizer.
- People think sunscreen is not a necessity during winters. But we are so wrong, we tend to become dark during the winters because of the windy breeze and harsh sunlight during the day. So always apply sunscreen with a minimum SPF of 30.
- Take 1 teaspoon of egg yolk and honey, apply directly onto the face and leave on for 15-20minutes. Wash off with luke warm water and see your face glow with glory.
- Alternatively one can apply mashed riped banana or papaya onto the face for 15 minutes and wash off with water to get rid of dry, dull and no lusture skin.
- Apply a paste of cucumber or aloe vera with few drops of lemon onto the face and leave it for 30 minutes. Wash off with warm water. The result is an awesome looking skin which is beautiful & glowing. Cucumber and aloe are a great soother and a good moisturizer for dry sensitive skin. It replenishes the skin and keeps it soft, smooth, radiant and bouncy. Lemon is a natural bleaching agent which helps lighten the sun damaged or tanned skin.
- Make a paste of honey, turmeric, curds, milk, gram flour and few drops of lemon. Apply this mixture onto the face and leave it on for 15-20 minutes. In the course of time the mixture helps to get rid of blemishes, acne spots, dry flaky skin and imparts a healthy glowing skin. This mixture needs to be applied not more than once a week to exfoliate dead skin cells. Over exfoliation may lead to dryness and can cause itchiness and acnes.
- Last but not the least drink a minimum of 8-10 glasses of water throughout the day to keep your skin hydrated which in turn keeps dryness at bay.
Follow these simple yet effective home remedies and say Goodbye to dry skin!!